We are looking for an experienced, personable cashier. Must be flexible with schedule and weekend availability. Must have exceptional customer service skills.
Provides support as a member of the Front-End team to include assisting customers during the check-out process, performing all cash register functions, and bagging groceries. Works to maintain attractive customer service displays. All Good Health Natural Foods jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Checks out customer groceries efficiently and accurately.
- Follows proper check, ATM, and credit procedures.
- Cleans and stocks Front End areas, including own register – changing tapes and ribbon as necessary.
- May assist with training of new Cashier
- Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up lines – helping reduce customer waiting time.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and Team Members.
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Good Health Inc.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- No prior retail experience required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.